Implementing Visitor Management Easily and Affordably
Occurrences of workplace and school campus violence are at an all-time high. The need to protect employees, students, visitors and property in your facility has never been more pressing. Incorporating a visitor management system into your organization’s overall security plan provides an added level of safety you can’t get from other physical security products.
Visitor Management Provides a Protective Barrier
Visitor management systems work as a barrier between the outside world and your work environment by screening each visitor seeking access to the building. Visitors must scan their driver’s license for access approval, and the visitor management system automatically prints a visitor ID badge that allows everyone to see they’re approved to be in the facility, all in a matter of seconds. This increased level of security puts employees at ease in their working environment, allowing them to be more productive.
Easy and Affordable Integration
Organizations of all sizes can easily and affordably implement a visitor management system to monitor visitor traffic in their building, tailored to meet their needs and budget. Implementing a visitor management system is simple. It can be integrated with an existing access management system quickly and inexpensively.
6 Steps to Implement Your Visitor Management System
In these simple 6 simple steps, you can enhance the security of your business and improve efficiency:
- To control visitor access to your building, choose the public entrance and lock all other doors. Employees can use HID proximity cards at different entrances, while visitors must use the public entrance.
- Position the visitor management system at the chosen visitor entrance and choose a gatekeeper — a receptionist or security guard — to remain at the entrance to help visitors scan their driver’s licenses, and issue ID badges to identify the visitor while they’re in the building.
- Train employees to use the system so they can fully understand the procedure. Encourage employees to make visitors aware of the new system ahead of time for a smoother transition.
- Post signs on entrances to make visitors aware of the visitor management system protocol. Additional signs should direct visitors to the check-in area.
- Require visitors to check out when they leave by turning in their visitor cards. The checkout process provides an accurate account of everyone who is in the building at any given time, which is critical if an emergency arises requiring evacuation. It also provides added security measures, including theft prevention and incident tracking.
- Added security procedures may be desirable as well. For instance, some visitors may require an escort to their destination within the building.
Putting a visitor management policy in place is an integral part of your building security strategy. Visitor management serves as a protective shield between your facility and the outside world. A system can protect your employees, your visitors, your property and assets, as well as provide greater peace-of-mind.
Contact Veristream today at 888-718-0807 to learn more about the custom visitor management system options available, and how easy implementation can be for you.