Top 6 Features to Look for in a Visitor Management System
When it comes to selecting a visitor management system, it’s important to make sure you choose a system that can be easily customized to suit your specific needs. Here are the top six most valuable features in today’s visitor management systems.
- Compliance – Whether applied to short visitor inductions, contractors and vendors (including inductions, insurance, and licensing qualifications) or employee induction and qualification management, compliance is the top feature on the list of visitor management demands.
- Visitor ID Badges and Passes – Visitor management systems should allow visitors to pre-register, saving time upon arrival. When the visitor checks in, a customized photo ID badge can be printed in seconds. At the same time, an email or SMS is sent to the employee host to notify them that their visitor has arrived, and a message can be sent to the visitor if needed (e.g. when the visitor needs to know health and safety information before entering the site).
- Contractors – Managing contractors entering and exiting your facility – both short and long term – is vital to security and compliance. Your visitor management system should incorporate contractor induction, manage contractor qualifications and licenses, track and verify insurance, verify contractor hours against invoices, prevent contractors from checking in if an induction has expired, and more.
- Reporting – Your visitor management system should have the ability to easily create reports your company needs to show who is onsite at any given time. The system should also display who has visited your facility and who they visited, how frequently suppliers are at your locations, evacuation reports, and more. Keep track of anyone who has not completed an induction, track all access control cards issued, send information to another person, and provide an audit trail when launching an investigation with your custom visitor management system.
- Employee Tracking – Employees can be checked in and out to track their time and attendance, inductions, qualifications, evacuation reports, and (when relevant) license status. If you have hourly employees, a visitor management system is a must.
- Evacuation – Emergency personnel needs automatic access to evacuation reports that accurately reflect who is on site when an evacuation becomes necessary. Evacuation reports should be accessible online and on a mobile device.
If you need help managing visitors, getting security at scale, providing full audit trails, accessing control integration, and screening visitors in real-time, you need to implement a custom visitor management system in your enterprise. Contact Veristream today at 888-718-0807 to set up your free demo and learn more about your visitor management system options.